DotNetNuke Corp. Achieves Significant Traction in 2009
Nearly 500 Paying Customers and 50 Commercial Partners Signed During First Year
SAN MATEO, Calif. – January 26, 2010 –
DotNetNuke Corp., the company behind the most widely adopted Web Content Management Platform for Microsoft .NET, today announced it signed nearly 500 paying customers and 50 certified partners
in 2009. The company launched its first commercial offerings including the Professional Edition
, Elite Edition
, and Elite Premier Edition
in February 2009. The DotNetNuke Corp. online marketplace, Snowcovered.com, also experienced significant growth in 2009 with nearly 15,000 customers completing almost 40,000 transactions.
- Demand for a flexible, cost-effective Web Content Management Platform for Microsoft .NET resulted in the signing of nearly 500 customers since DotNetNuke Corp. released its first commercial product in February 2009.
- DotNetNuke Corp. signed nearly 50 paying Fusion Partners, which deliver customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies, with implementation services for business-critical web sites and web applications.
- The DotNetNuke Corp. online marketplace, Snowcovered.com, completed nearly 40,000 transactions of third-party software extensions to almost 15,000 customers in 2009.
- Other 2009 milestones included:
- Acquiring Snowcovered, the premier online market for over 6,000 DotNetNuke modules, skins, services and related products offered by nearly 800 third-party vendors.
- Making several product enhancements to the Professional, Elite and Elite Premier Editions, most recently integrating Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.
- Moving distribution of the open source version of DotNetNuke, the Community Edition, to CodePlex, Microsoft’s premier open source project hosting web site. In addition, Shaun Walker, DotNetNuke’s co-founder and chief architect, joined the CodePlex Foundation interim Board of Directors.
- Receiving the asp.netPRO Magazine 2009 Readers’ Choice Award as a leading Content Management System.
- DotNetNuke has added several channels to engage in conversations: tweet us @dnncorp; post a comment on our blogs; join our LinkedIn Group; or, become a fan on Facebook.
“We exceeded our commercial expectations for 2009 with close to 500 paying customers and more than 50 registered partners. We have been extremely pleased with the positive market reception of the commercial editions of our product. In 2010, we will be focused on delivering ‘instant-on’ functionality to our web sites. We will integrate the modules and skins in our marketplace, Snowcovered.com, to the DotNetNuke web content management platform to enable users to add new functionality dynamically and in real-time.”
Thompson Knox, Vice President of Internet Strategy at SteadyRain
“As a DotNetNuke partner, we’re experiencing a newfound ability to really connect with the developer community. We are excited to see what the addition the licensed versions of the platform can do for our clients, within the core, that we’ve only been able to accomplish through the integration of third-party or custom modules to date. Bringing more value to clients, no matter the method, is always our number one goal.”
Mike Deignan, Managing Director, SeQoya
“The DotNetNuke platform is powerful yet easy to learn, use, and integrate with our web-based application. With the Professional Edition we have access to tools and features that are easy for our business customers to use and access to a rich support network.”
About DotNetNuke Corp.
DotNetNuke Corp. is the steward of the DotNetNuke
open source project, the most widely adopted Web Content Management Platform for building web sites and web applications on Microsoft .NET. Organizations use DotNetNuke to quickly develop and deploy interactive and dynamic web sites, intranets, extranets and web applications. The DotNetNuke platform is available in a free Community
and subscription-based Professional
and Elite Premier
Editions. DotNetNuke Corp. also operates Snowcovered.com
where users purchase third party software modules and skins. Founded in 2006 and funded by Sierra Ventures and August Capital, DotNetNuke Corp. is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif. For additional information, visit www.dotnetnuke.com
DotNetNuke Corp. Marketing