The DotNetNuke Professional Edition includes a full document management solution which allows your organization to store, control and view documents online. Video and media files are supported. Documents can be displayed with or without their metadata visible. Capabilities of the document management feature include:
- Document folders can be defined in a hierarchical structure with as many levels as you choose. Category hierarchies allow presentation of documents in logical groups with each document presented within multiple categories.
- Access rights to each folder can be granted to user groups or specific users. A variety of access rights can be granted to each user or user group including View, Add, Edit, Delete and many more.
- Document library users can easily monitor changes via subscriptions and alerts. RSS subscriptions are available.
- Versioning allows users to save versions of a document and then restore older versions on demand. A chronological list of the document versions is available which allows restore or simply download of an older version.
- A powerful document moderation workflow engine ensures all new content is reviewed before it is published. Users can track documents individually and receive notifications whenever a change occurs. Documents can also be tracked at the folder level.
- Administrators can review document download statistics or view statistics at the folder or at the category level.
- Users can create document libraries from scratch or point to a pre-existing folder structure and automatically synchronize the new document library with the existing folders.
- Secure files can be set which do not allow document download.