Feedback version 06.03.00 is released!
With version 06.03.00 comes support for Akismet. You can find more details on Akismet at their site – http://akismet.com. To use Akismet you will need to obtain a key from them, which can then be entered into the module settings.
Any Feedback submissions that are identified as Spam by Akismet will then appear in a new Spam section of the moderation view, where you can then publish it. A Ham notification will then be sent to Akismet. You can also mark items that you believe to be spam and submit that information to Akismet for inclusion in their database.
Release notes DNN Feedback 06.03.00
Feedback 06.03.00 will work for any DNN version 6.2.0 and up. Full details on the changes can be found in great detail on our CodePlex Issue List
- Added support for Akismet - http://akismet.com
- Raised the 1K limit on the message length and made the max length configurable.
- Included the url of the page the feedback was given on to the email notification.
- Added ability to just send email for unmoderated mails. Feedback is not retained in the database.
- Add ability to pass a CategoryID querystring parameter.
Where can you download Feedback 06.03.00?
The DNN Feedback module can be obtained via the Feedback project's download page on CodePlex.
What is next?
In Version 6.4.0 I will be looking at adding some templating ability to the module. If there are any other items you are interested in, please post them to out CodePlex site.