The conversion of the ClientAPI and WebControls to utilize the MS AJAX Framework along with emitting xhtml compliant markup is near completion. It is now time to start testing the backwards compatibility of the conversion. In order to adequately do this, I am asking for the communities help. If you are a skinner who uses any of the DotNetNuke webcontrols (DNNMenu, DNNTreeView, etc.) your assistance is needed. If you are a module developer who uses any portion of the ClientAPI or any of the WebControls, you assistance is also needed.
What do I do?
1) Respond to this forum thread with your login name, and reason for why you want to apply for this beta. Please include information as to which areas of the ClientAPI/WebControls you plan on testing.
2) Go to the Public Beta page and click on the ClientAPI/WebControls v2.0 Beta link, and then click the Apply link, then the Participate button.
3) If approved, you will receive an email. Once you receive the email, go to the ClientAPI Project Download page and you will see the files available for download.
4) All downloads are easy to install. Simply extract the zip into the root of your DotNetNuke folder and overwrite the files when prompted. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR INSTALL. THIS IS A BETA TEST. DO NOT USE IN PRODUCTION.
5) As you are testing please provide feedback in the ClientAPI Forum. Please name your title accordingly. (BUG=Bug, ENH=Enhancement, OK=Tested OK)
- BUG: ClientAPI Beta1.
- BUG: WebControls Beta2.
- ENH: ClientAPI Beta1
- OK: WebControls Beta1